Monday, February 2, 2015

Barricade

Everyone puts up a lasting facade 
They can conceal 
How they truly feel
They laugh and smile 
Like they haven't even walked a mile 
I too have a strong wall
No one will ever truly know how tall
It's a barricade for my heart
How easily I seem to still fall apart
These chains I can never break
screaming to an invisible audience
I don't know how much more of this I can take
Wishing I could show them I'm just a fake
While everyone else can unlock the door
I am stuck inside holding back even more
crying out for a single soul to hear
many would say I'm silent
If you truly knew you too would be in fear

No comments:

Post a Comment

26.10.2018

This is my heart the inner part that nobody sees that could be shattered by a breeze but would keep silent to avoid getting violent bu...